As a powerhouse networking giant and renowned futurist in Colorado, keynote speaker and author Thomas Frey was no stranger to intellectual, cutting edge concepts and engaging think-tank strategies. However, the creative intellectual introduced an unparalleled innovation in 1997 that held the power to build and transform the future: The DaVinci Tech Institute. A first-of-it’s kind learning laboratory, the academy would influence and inspire rising generations, as well as returning students and established professionals desiring growth and seeking to challenge themselves. In 2002, for the first time, the company hosted “Night with a Futurist” and “Start-up Junkie Underground”, events that would become part of their trademark and serve as a valuable tool in fostering a community connection. Today, the DaVinci Tech Academy’s intensive week-long immersive programs offer expert instruction, hands-on learning opportunities, leading technological insights and a practical toolkit that attendees can use to make a lasting impact in their personal communities.
The DaVinci Difference:
What makes the DaVinci Tech Academy experience unique?
- The Courses: Led by tech-industry leaders and experienced futurist thinkers, the courses combine knowledge and action in a curriculum that is tailored to meet the rising needs and demands of technology today. Offering hands-on learning exercises in a state of the art laboratory allows students to put into practice what they are learning. The 40 hour, week-long course is intensive and submersive, making constructive use of every hour devoted to course material and learning. Participants will walk away with a deeper working knowledge of core technologies, as well as a conceptual understanding to facilitate application of the material in their communities going forward.
- The Leader: DaVinci Institute founder and Executive Director Thomas Frey is internationally renowned for his leadership and innovation in futurist. He has been called the “Father of Invention” and “Dean of Futurists” and has worked closely and headlined with some of the most recognizable figures in the world today. He continually delves deeper into available research and works diligently with his board of visionaries and futurists to stay ahead of the curve. His keynote speaking events have included audiences from Fortune 500 companies, NASA, IBM, TEDx, and many others at the top of the professional and business pyramid. He is the author of the 2011 book, Communicating With the Future. He also holds the title as Google’s top rated Futurist Speaker. His name, as well as his legacy throughout the Academy, carries the seal of excellence.
- The Cost: As a non-profit, neither the DaVinci Institute or the Tech Academy profit from the cost of tuition. Aware of the rising costs of college and universities, and the overwhelming hardship that is placed on students upon graduation to repay financial aid loans, the DaVinci Tech Academy (as well as the DaVinci Institute) aims to offer students solid, quality education options in a rising field, without adding unnecessary financial strain. Because of the massive amounts of new information in the futurist and tech fields that is constantly being updated, 4-year colleges struggle to keep up. With the DaVinci class layout, the student is given the most up to date material available.
The topics that are covered include:
- Product Prototyping for the Internet of Things
- Sensor Networks
- Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning Networks
- Music Composition for Video Game Development
Be a Part of the Futurist Movement: Current Course / Registration Information
By now you may be wondering how you can be a part of the DaVinci Tech Academy. If you find the futurist movement and technological advances exciting, or if these areas benefit your career, the Tech Academy’s upcoming course, Inside the Mind of a Futurist, is the perfect next step for you. Today’s leaders must become futurist thinkers if they want to be part of the competitive market. Relying on market trends and strategies that worked years ago simply will not be sufficient for the technological transformations that are taking place and will continue to infiltrate the business world. The course is designed to teach you how to think like a futurist, through specific techniques and observations. Instructors for the course are Michael Cushman and Thomas Frey. Those who register prior to February 28th are eligible for a substantial discount. Click here for further course information.