August 24, 2013 - Saturday
10 Legal Strategies That Will Accelerate the Growth of Your Business
What is a “legal strategy” and why is it important? A good legal strategy will not only protect your most valuable business asset, it will actually accelerate the growth of your business.
A legal strategy is not just about saving time and money, it is also about creating value. Today, 80% of the value of most businesses is “intangible.” These intangible assets include technology, websites, content, databases, customers, marketing plans, distribution channels, joint ventures, employees, contractors and other intellectual property. Understanding how to maximize and legally protect these assets is critical to building a business that is both profitable and sustainable.
Too often business owners and lawyers operate in separate worlds. Business owners understand business strategy. Lawyers understand legal issues. Each comes with a perspective deeply rooted in their expertise. Occasionally, there is crossover. An experienced business owner who has successfully handled legal issues in the past may occasionally apply legal knowledge to build their business. Or a business lawyer who has experience running a business may know how to manage a commercial transaction. But this is more the exception than the rule.
The theory is that when business owners understand and apply great legal strategies from the start, they will accelerate the growth of their business. Is that really possible? Join us to find out.
Roger Glovsky – the “Legal Strategist” – has developed an innovative approach that combines his experience as a successful entrepreneur and business lawyer. In this workshop, you will learn:
- 10 proven legal strategies that will maximize intellectual property rights, streamline the sales process, improve the success of raising capital, design the right incentives for recruiting employees, and make a business more attractive to potential buyers.
- Have peace of mind that your intangible assets are protected so that you can grow your business faster and increase the value of your business when you are ready to sell it.
- Take charge of your legal matters so that you can negotiate business deals with confidence.
- Develop stronger business relationships with customers, distributors, and investors by setting expectations properly on key legal issues right from the start.
- Maximize legal dollars so that you spend money only on legal issues that are strategically aligned with the success of your business.
- BONUS: Resource list with “2013 Best Free Legal Forms for Starting a Business”
Without a legal strategy, business owners often leave it up to their lawyers to recommend what legal services they need and pay thousands of dollars for the advice. The last thing a business owner wants to do is spend money on legal services they don't need. A good legal strategy will maximize legal dollars by directing resources toward legal matters that are well aligned with the business goals.
Come and find out how you can grow the value of your company and protect its most valuable assets while saving money in the long run. This is a must-attend event for growth-oriented entrepreneurs.
"Speaking with lawyers is a somewhat scary ordeal, However Roger Glovsky breaks the mold by making everything manageable and easy to comprehend. I was compelled to meet with Roger after he gave a unique talk at a local Meetup group. I was not disappointed. He has a groundbreaking approach to finding what is most important to protect in your business, which is unparalleled to any lawyer or legal system that I have encountered thus far. I now have a clear picture of what I need to do in order to protect my business, which is very empowering, and I suggest that any business looking to protect its ‘Secret Sauce’ should make an appointment ASAP. Thanks Roger, I can’t wait to work with you again." Trevor M.
EVENT: Legal Strategies Boot Camp
DATE: August 24, 2013 - Saturday
LOCATION: DaVinci Institute, 511 E. South Boulder Road, Louisville, CO 80027
DIRECTIONS: Driving Directions
COST: $69, Members: $49, SuperMembers: Free
TOPIC: 10 Legal Strategies That Will Accelerate the Growth of Your Business
SPEAKER: Roger Glovsky
SPEAKER: Roger Glovsky
Business Attorney and Legal Strategy Consultant
Roger Glovsky is an entrepreneurial attorney with over 25 years of experience, who has transformed his practice of law from a traditional services firm that drafts document to an innovative model for providing legal strategy and consulting. He is co-founder of Indigo Venture Law Offices, and founder of LEXpertise.com. Roger is a member of the Board of Advisors for the Entrepreneurship program at Simmons School of Management.
Starting his career at two mid-sized “marble and glass” law firms in Boston, he honed his skills as a business lawyer by helping entrepreneurs and start-ups with commercial contracts, technology and content licensing, distribution agreements, financing, mergers and acquisitions. In addition to his legal experience, Roger worked “in the trenches” as President of a software company that developed telecom applications and later joined the management team of two venture-backed startups, each of which raised over $20 million of capital and then crashed during the dotcom bust.
Heralded by Entrepreneur Magazine as being an “entrepreneurial professional” Roger is passionate about changing the way law is practiced in the USA—he believes strongly that every business owner, regardless of the size of his company should enjoy full legal protection and that legal documents protecting business owners should be affordable, accessible and comprehensible. For more information and free access to Roger’s Top 100 List of Legal Landmines go to http://indigoventure.com.
8:00 - 8:30 - Registration
8:30 - 9:00 - Welcome and Introductions
9:00 - 10:00 - Design Your Legal Strategy
- What is a legal strategy and how do you create one?
- Discover why most lawyers don't want you to have a legal strategy
- The seasoned attorney's short cut for creating the best legal strategies
- Find out how to identify and protect the most important assets in your business
- 20 legal strategies that are critical to protecting and growing your business
- Learn what changes to make in your legal strategy to protect your business over the long term
- Develop a plan for implementing your legal strategy
- Learn how to delegate legal tasks to your employees, contractors and attorneys
- Prioritize your action items to align with your business goals
- Get checklist of 100 legal landmines that entrepreneurs need to avoid