June 15, 2013 - Saturday
Sell Your Book - Or Book Idea - To a Traditional Publisher Like Random House
Do you have a book (or book idea) that you believe has bestseller or high commercial potential? Now is the best time in history to get a traditional publisher like Random House. During this workshop you’ll discover why. You’ll also find out why self-publishing is (in many cases) fool’s gold.
It doesn’t matter if you’re previously published, halfway through your first book, or just getting started… this workshop is for you. It also doesn’t matter if you’re writing nonfiction, fiction, or children’s books. Authors of every genre can use the strategies that will be shared during this event.
By the end of this workshop you’ll understand the only 2 reasons talented authors don’t get published. You’ll be aware of the most publishing misconceptions. You’ll be hip to the latest trends (and scams). And, most important, you’ll know how to get the attention of top literary agents and publishers… so you can get a major book deal.
Getting published isn’t luck, it’s a decision…
EVENT: Publishing a Bestseller Boot Camp
DATE: June 15, 2013 - Saturday
LOCATION: DaVinci Institute, 511 E. South Boulder Road, Louisville, CO 80027
DIRECTIONS: Driving Directions
COST: $69, Members: $49, SuperMembers: Free
TOPIC: Sell Your Book - Or Book Idea - To a Traditional Publisher Like Random House
SPEAKER: Mark Malatesta
SPEAKER: Mark Malatesta
Born Celebrity Head Trainer / Former New York Times Bestselling Literary Agent
Mark Malatesta is the Head Trainer for Born Celebrity™, a coaching and consulting company helping entrepreneurs build 1-of-a-kind businesses and brands. Mark is also a former literary agent and the founder of Literary Agent Undercover ™, a company that helps authors get top literary agents and book deals with major publishers. Mark has helped authors launch their writing careers with major publishers like Random House, Simon & Schuster, and Thomas Nelson. Mark’s authors have gotten 6-figure advances, been on the NY Times bestseller list, and been picked up for TV, stage, and feature film (with companies like Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks).
8:00 - 8:30 - Registration
8:30 - 9:00 - Welcome and introductions
9:00 - 10:00 - What Makes a "Big" Book Author with Bestseller or High Commercial Potential?
- Discover why some books/authors sell millions of copies, while others never get published
- Insider secrets to help you improve your book and promotional platform
- Case studies that you'll be able to learn from and model
- Find out what top literary agents really do
- Discover why you must have a literary agent to get a "real" publisher like Random House
- Learn how to tell which literary agents are reputable and which ones aren't
- Discover why most of the things you know about query letters is wrong
- Learn how to get the most eligible agents fighting over the chance to represent you
- Find out how to make simultaneous submissions to multiple agents