October 27, 2012 - Saturday
Visual Marketing with Pinterest Boot Camp
Event Video Available
In 2012, Pinterest has become a force to be reckoned with. More than just a social network, Pinterest has emerged as an efficient and effective way to build brand awareness, referral traffic, and sales. According to Forbes Magazine, “Pinterest is well on its way to becoming the next household name in social media.” As a business owner, you can’t afford to dismiss it as just another social network or as one more pretty-but-fluffy online photo album. Pinterest is here for the long term as part of a major trend toward Visual Marketing that also includes YouTube, infographics, and Instagram.
What is Pinterest? At first glance, it is an easy way to share images and videos organized into “boards.” While it is defined as a “virtual pinboard,” its structure turns it into a powerful tool for business. Pinterest fosters the cultivation of communities around your target market who share ideas and products they love. An understanding of business strategy on Pinterest enables your business to rapidly build a following, drive qualified traffic to your site, and seamlessly sell your products and services. At the same time, it is more intuitive to use than Facebook or Twitter.
Why You Can’t Afford to Ignore Pinterest:
- Pinterest grew to 10 million users faster than any other independent website in history.
- According to Mashable.com, most users are spending more time on Pinterest than Facebook.
- Pinterest attracts over 23 million unique visitors a month, expected to top 200 million in early 2013
- Pinterest already surpasses Bing and Twitter in referral traffic and will top Yahoo this month.
- Pinterest users are second only to LinkedIn users in buying power *
- Pinterest buyers spend more money, more often, and on more items than any of the other top 5 social media sites *
[* per ComScore]
In this boot camp, Pinterest experts Beth Hayden and Andreea Ayers will walk us through effective strategies for getting the most out of Pinterest for your business.
Topics covered include:
- Setting up your Pinterest account properly for brand visibility
- Strategies for targeting your ideal market and building community
- Unique ideas for driving targeted traffic to your website from Pinterest
- How to grow your mailing list using Pinterest techniques
- Using Pinterest to convert followers to buyers
- Promoting a product business vs a service business
- Integrating Pinterest with your Wordpress site for maximizing profit
- How to leverage Pinterest with YouTube and other social media for maximum impact
Attendees will take away a clear vision of how to use Pinterest to increase traffic - without letting it become another social media time suck.
To get the most out of this boot camp, we suggest downloading the free workbook at Pintactics.com and using it to set your Pinterest account up now.
EVENT: Visual Marketing with Pinterest Boot Camp
DATE: October 27, 2012 - Saturday
LOCATION: DaVinci Institute, 511 E. South Boulder Road, Louisville, CO 80027
DIRECTIONS: Driving Directions
COST: $69, Members: $49, SuperMembers: Free
TOPIC: Visual Marketing with Pinterest Boot Camp
SPEAKERS: Andreea Ayers, Beth Hayden, Anita Edge
SPEAKER: Andreea Ayers
Andreea Ayers is a serial entrepreneur who specializes in helping business owners get their products into retail stores and featured in the media. In 2006, she started her own business selling eco-friendly t-shirts and in 2009 published T-Shirt Profits: the Complete Guide to Starting Your Own Successful T-shirt Business. An early adopter of Pinterest for her own business and for her clients, this past year she launched her online Pinterest training program, Pinterest Advantage. Andreea currently blogs at www.LaunchGrowJoy.com.
SPEAKER: Beth Hayden
Nationally known speaker, social media expert and author
Beth Hayden, a nationally known speaker and social media expert, is the author of the recently released book, Pinfluence: The Complete Guide to Marketing Your Business on Pinterest (Wiley and Sons, 2012). As a consultant, she helps business owners get out of social media overwhelm and create online marketing systems that really work. Beth is a Senior Staff Writer for Copyblogger Media, one of the largest content marketing blogs on the web. You can read more about Beth on her website, http://www.bethhayden.com.
HOST: Anita Edge
Instructional Designer, Speaker, and Internet Marketer
Anita Edge is an Instructional Designer, Speaker, and Internet Marketer who works with clients to increase online profits. In early 2012, she discovered Pinterest had been sending qualified traffic to her sites for over a year … with no participation on her part. She has recently been getting great results from both Andreea’s Pinterest Advantage training and Beth’s book, Pinfluence. She is delighted to have found two Pinterest speakers of such high caliber for this vital boot camp. Anita maintains a resource site for Pinterest users at http://pintactics.com.