August 4, 2012 - Saturday
Learn How to Create, Develop and Publish a Book in Today's Market
There are three key mistakes that newbie authors make:
- They fail to have their books professionally edited;
- They rush to publish; and
- They fail to market their book once it’s published
The POD—print-on-demand method of printing—has created more trash than the book buying public needs, or wants. Why? Simply because authors are “publishing” without caring or knowing the ins and outs of publishing a book. They get duped by publishers and others who simply want their money. Publishing predators lurk in just about every corner. They might offer deals to publish an author for a steal of a deal, only to find that it is compounded with hefty sums of add-on moneys… which are conveniently unfurled after the contract is signed!
Is There a Book in You? will show you:
- Where is book publishing going and how can you take advantage of it;
- Opportunities emerging as the book trade evolves into new forms;
- The key elements that will lead to your books success;
- How to create your Book and Author Platforms;
- How to strategize your eBook marketing;
- Critical factors in creating an Internet Book Launch;
- Why you should consider marketing via an Author or Book Blog;
- How to create a book and in which format should it be published;
- Identify which format is for you and how to begin the first step;
- How to avoid losing money;
- Why POD or a pay-to-publish publisher could be a publishing disaster;
- How to build a publishing team that works;
- Determine which publishing option is for you;
- Sell tons of books with speaking engagements;
- And so much more.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is interested in writing and publishing a book. Judith’s presentation is full of supporting statistics, scenarios and strategies on what to do now! If you think you have a book in you, you need to attend. Expect hot seats and great industry insights.
EVENT: Is There a Book in You?
DATE: August 4, 2012 - Saturday
LOCATION: DaVinci Institute, 511 E. South Boulder Road, Louisville, CO 80027
DIRECTIONS: Driving Directions
COST: $69, Members: $49, SuperMembers: Free
TOPIC: Learn How to Create, Develop and Publish a Book in Today's Market
SPEAKER: Judith Briles
INSTRUCTOR: Judith Briles
Speaker, Publisher, Publishing and Speaking Coach, best-selling Author, and Founder of Author U
Dr. Judith Briles is the author of 30 books—18 published with New York houses until she created her own imprint in 2000. Based in Colorado, she’s published in 16 countries and with over a 1,000,000 copies sold of her work. Show Me About Book Publishing co-written with book marketing guru John Kremer and master book publicist Rick Frishman and Creating and Developing the Author and Book Platforms are her latest.
Judith is the Founder of Author U (university), a membership group of 400 plus authors and small publishers, is a past president of the Colorado Authors League, the Colorado Independent Publishers Association, and chair of numerous publishing conferences. She’s a partner in MastersofBookMarketing.com Dan Poynter and Brian Jud. Judith knows publishing. Known as The Book Shepherd to many, she’s personally guided hundreds of publishing clients throughout the United States. Her websites are www.TheBookShepherd.com and www.AuthorU.org.