July 22, 2010 - Thursday
The Fast Path to Getting Published
Event Video Available
The route to monetization for authors is more accessible today than ever before. Today’s bloggers are tomorrow’s authors and the gap between reader & author is squeezing the traditional publisher out of the equation.
The fastest path to getting published is becoming the only path to getting published. You will learn to build an online presence, loyal community & raving fans through starting with a simple blog. Learn directly from a fast growing micro-niche publisher who is in the trenches of the rapidly changing publishing industry. From eBooks to printed books, it’s your opportunity to get a glimpse into the future of publishing.
Learn how others are creating & publishing their content online, to not only promote both themselves and their work more effectively, but create a nice sideline income streams as well. New technology has eliminated barriers to getting published and the traditional publishing model provides little (if any) advantage. Many authors who historically have gone the traditional route are now opting to publish their content online and in doing so, are reaching a larger audience and realizing a larger profit. The flood gates have opened to allow today’s bloggers to become tomorrow’s authors. Low cost ‘print-on-demand’ options and the growing demand for ebooks made possible by the proliferation of eReaders is creating an inflection point that favors the author, not the traditionally publisher.
Authorpreneur Brian Schwartz has published over a dozen authors in the past 12 months. The framework he has refined allows his authors to have books in hand in a few months and selling electronic versions within a few weeks. Adopting aspects of his Rapid Publishing Method will allow you to create a halo of credibility faster and cheaper than you ever before. Even if you are uncertain about what you will write about, he shares a proven framework that has allowed him to create titles that have won awards, rave reviews, and sold hundreds of copies.
If you want to make yourself indispensible in any field, this course will teach you how to build an online community, raving fans, and put you on the fast track to credibility. See firsthand how others are turning a nice profit from their credibility.
What You Will Learn
- How to define a marketable & reachable niche to become a recognized expert.
- How to setup a blog to build a community.
- Converting your loyal readers into a profitable PR (public relations) machine.
- Getting zero cost publicity for yourself and your book. (The importance of writing for headlines and sound bites.)
- Why it’s never too soon to begin building your email list and techniques to get started now.
- Special considerations for cover design and interior layout (to publish electronically & traditionally simultaneously).
- The value of packaging and partnering with other authors.
- Techniques authors are using to manufacture best sellers.
- Getting your content (even a single chapter) on Amazon and available on Kindle.
- Publishing your book 1 tweet at a time.
- How to increase your profit from speaking (even when you don’t get paid to speak!).
- Finding new markets for your content using Google alerts.
- New monetizing models that make it profitable for authors to give away their content.
- Membership models authors are using to repackage their content are increase their profit.
- The marketing tactics behind the most successful ebooks.
Who Should Attend
Anyone with a passion to share, speakers, authors, entrepreneurs, executives in transition, sales people, marketers, bloggers.
Bonus: All who attend will receive a complimentary paperback copy of 50 Interviews: A Compilation Vol. 1 featuring episodes from three popular 50 Interviews titles.
EVENT: The Fast Path to Getting Published
DATE: July 22, 2010 - Thursday
LOCATION: DaVinci Institute, 511 E. South Boulder Road, Louisville, CO 80027
DIRECTIONS: Driving Directions
COST: $69, Members: $49, SuperMembers: Free
TOPIC: The Fast Path to Getting Published
SPEAKER: Brian Schwartz
SPEAKER: Brian Schwartz
Author of 50 Interviews: Entrepreneurs
Authorpreneur Brian Schwartz is the creator of the award winning 50 Interviews series and has published 30 titles in the last 3 years. Driven out of a need to provide his authors access to the digital book market, he launched KindleExpert.com in 2010, to provide a wide range of e-Publishing services for other authors and publishers. His title of ‘Authorpreneur’ encompasses the roles he fills as CEO, author, speaker, trainer, publisher, and consultant. He’s the vice president of the Colorado Independent Publishers Association – a 20 year old association, and was the first ever dedicated to self-publishers. He’s been featured on NBC & CBS, in the Denver Business Journal, and writes a column for the Northern Colorado Business Report highlighting innovation and entrepreneurship throughout Colorado. He can be reached through his website at www.KindleExpert.com.